Hey tumblr, have you ever thought to yourself, “dang it’d sure be cool to set a project in something other than the current times,” but when you go to look up references on google, all you get is a horrible historical pastiche of days gone by?
Well boy howdy, do I have a reference for you!
The Wishbook Web has scans of entire consumer catalogs from past decades, ranging from the early 30s to the late 80s. Each catalog has pages upon pages of reference of clothing, accessories, and shoes for all ages, as well as toys, gadgets, and all sorts of junk that you might buy for yourself or your loved ones. While the website exclusively has Christmas catalogs, the photos and illustrations show products that you could use year-round.
SO MANY REFS OMG…
a really helpful thing??
- as you may or may not have known, this guy and @ScrewPain were the guys responsible for swatting the creatures. this caused a shit down of schools, leak of personal information and innocent people almost got hurt because of it.
- in this time, i’ve kept an eye on spiky’s twitter and he’s swatted several innocent streamers [he posts proof and gloats about it] and plans to keep doing it. he and pain both think they’re invincible and it needs to stop.
- pain said he’s going to pax and im seriously worried he’ll swat that place too, so i just want to post a warning to everyone.
- i know that he is 100% serious who knows what other youtuber or innocent streamer they’ll do it to next.
EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE ROOSTERTEETH, SPREAD THE WORD. PEOPLE CAN BE HURT OR KILLED BECAUSE OF THIS.
As an FYI:
"Swatting" is a prank that sets the SWAT team on let’s players and sometimes during their live streams. This method is done by hacking the person’s personal information.
THIS IS NO JOKE.
Here’s a few videos of what this “prank” does(I’ll be referring the gamers by their aliases):
-This one is what the above statement is referring to. This is Kootra, a member of The Creatures Hub. His experience is the most recent.
-This one is taken in a more comedic manner but another let’s player named coL.n0thing was also swatted.
Please let others know about this, and if there’s anything that can be done about it, please spread the word too. This illegal action is extremely dangerous! If you’ve been keeping up with the behavior of our country’s police force, you know that anyone’s life is at risk!
|—||Monica Sjoo, The Great Cosmic Mother: Rediscovering the Religion of the Earth (via dilfcomplex)|
everyone needs to watch this video before they log off tonight
well, now I know what I’m doing every time a car alarm goes off
Baby elephant smiles
Bath and Body Works Pumpkin Café Candle Scent Recipes
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
Ferguson Man Forms an Inspiring Team with Cop Watchers to Hold Police Accountable [Video: http://bit.ly/1l8QoAA]
Nightly chaos in the St. Louis suburb is getting all the attention, but the vast majority of those protesting have been peaceful. Here’s a look at the some of the moments that are not making the front pages. (Yahoo News)
(Photos by REUTERS/Mark Kauzlarich, REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni, Scott Olson/Getty Images, AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)
Guys it’s really important during this whole ferguson protest that we as social media DO NOT back down until punishment is dealt to those racists. If we let this movement die, then the oppressors win. I’ve seen stuff like this before and the majority of people stop posting about it within a week. We can’t let that happen, this is too important. so keep reblogging and keep posting until these darn racists are punished for their awful inhumane actions.
Welcome to Rapture
BioShock (PC, 2007)
Elephants walking through a rain forest.
i thought these were bunnies in a field of grass but ok